COVID19 Precautions & Protocols
Therapy During Coronavirus & Staying Connected
We understand therapy sessions are an integral part of your child’s development and are crucially important to continue to ensure their progress is on track. We are following the latest guidelines set forth by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the Ohio Department of Health, and recommend that direct care sessions continue as scheduled. As an essential provider, we are continuing to provide clients with center-based, in-home, or school-based therapy, as well as teletherapy. As more and more clients return – we are excited to welcome them back!
Precautions we are utilizing…
- Taking staff temperatures & health checks before their shift, anyone with a temperature of 100.4 or greater will be sent home.
- Taking clients’ and caregivers’ temperatures & health check upon arrival, anyone with a temperature of 100.4 or greater will be sent home.
- Sanitizer is available in the lobby and masks, for clients or caregivers, are available upon request.
- We are doing a lot more sessions in private treatment rooms – each staff has been assigned their own.
- We are limiting the number of clients that can be in the common space to avoid gatherings with 10 or more people.
- In treatment, social distancing of six feet or more is a challenge, so an emphasis is placed on reducing physical contact.
- The number of staff for each client has been reduced to limit contact points while in therapy.
- Allow for fewer people in the treatment rooms to reduce exposure between the additional family and the staff.
- Staff have been provided the necessary protective equipment.
- We have increased sanitation of all tools, toys, and high-touch surfaces throughout the day
- Ozone & UV light disinfecting the center weekly eliminates any airborne & surface contaminants.
Please keep your child home if…
- they have a temperature of 100.4 or greater. In this event, please keep your child home until they are fever-free for at least 24 hours without medication.
- anyone in your household had contact with someone diagnosed with Covid-19.
- anyone in your household is not well and exhibits COVID-19 related symptoms.
If any of the aforementioned points are present, we cannot provide in-person services. We will work with you to develop a plan of action that may include teletherapy. We allow for cancelations without charge due to sick clients or family members. However, we ask that you still provide us with as much notice as possible.
Teletherapy as an Option
If you or your family feel anxious or nervous about coming to the office, please reach out to us so we can set up teletherapy services for your child. Your child’s behaviors may change due to disruptions in routine but you can rely on our dedicated professionals to help guide you through the options for providing therapy.
- Many of the treatments offered are approved to be conducted via telehealth
- Our staff are following a strict protocol to ensure the highest level of care through teletherapy.
- In the event of another ‘stay at home’ mandate, therapy sessions will be moved to telehealth, and your session time will be reserved for you to occur from the comfort of your own home.
We want you to know that we are here to support you through this process and we will do everything to ensure success for you and your family. We will continue to offer teletherapy as an option, but we look forward to seeing more and more clients back in the center!
Focus on Hygiene
- Especially for children with autism, this is an opportunity to emphasize skills in handwashing and cleanliness in activities of daily living, and habits such as coughing into your elbow. Our staff may focus on and reinforce these skills as a part of the behavior program.
- For in-home therapy, we ask families to create a sanitary environment for treatment by cleaning surface areas, frequently touched areas, and toys with antibacterial soap or cleaners.
- We have hand sanitizer as well as sinks for handwashing in each treatment room
To take advantage of all this extra time in a family unit to help support our client’s growth in their area(s) of need, we want to stay connected with you and your family. Our team’s number one priority is to continue working with our clients as the coronavirus pandemic drags on. With this in mind, we are taking extra precautions to keep our team and clients safe and healthy. We are here to help.
We wish for everyone to stay healthy and safe!Contact Us for More Information